Pages

Monday 22 June 2009

Junior Nationals '09, Manchester

This weekend I'm off to my first ever Junior Nationals event, it's at Parrs Wood in Manchester. OK, so I'm too old to play, but I still get to live out my dreams through the lives of others right, isn't that what people do?!

The only Junior events I've been to before are ones I've organised, the first day of the Lemmings Luau is always geared up for Juniors/Beginners. I'm pretty excited about seeing the whole thing and the level of play, I'm going along with local side Evolution from Aylesford School in Warwick. Lots of the Evolution players regularly train with us, the Leamington Lemmings in nearby Leamington Spa, we occasionally have joint practices too.


I know very little about the Junior Ultimate scene, so am keen to see some of the top teams play against each other. My uneducated guess is that Sutton Coldfield's Arctic and Exeter's Airbadgers will be vying for the title again, but pushed closely by Leicester's newly formed Flux team and the Wirrel's ever developing Catch Those, plus it'd be great to see Evolution achieve a few upsets and local friends the Rhinos do well. Kent are an unknown quantity to me, but if the juniors are anything like their senior team, Whippet will ensure they're a well drilled outfit. Army of the Goatboy could also prove to be a surprise outfit at the 2009 Nationals, with two Lemmings players Fiona Auld and Pammer McCulloch playing for them.

Good luck to all the teams playing, here's hoping I manage to see the Lions match too.

Possible Teams Playing: Airbadgers 1, Airbadgers 2, Airbadgers 3, Discy Business, Jesus Loves Spartans, Calday, Evolution, NC Hammer, Army of the Goatboy, Strangers with Candy, Ocelots, Arctic, Kent, Thundercatch, Catch Those, Manor, Psychedelic Rhinos, Flux.

No comments: