Pages

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Mixed Tour One

I'm looking forward to MT1 in Cardiff this weekend now.

Not only is it one of my favourite venues, but we're staying in a hotel this year, with a pool/spa/sauna etc.

Anyways, the schedule was released an hour ago, and there are quite a few teams this year. Looks like the TD's have done a good job with the seedings, and from what little I know, they look pretty good. Just for S&Giggles, I thought I'd take a stab at the biggest movers, groovers and losers (take no offence at my lame and most probably drastically inaccurate predictions!).

I know that Codhand have been on a massive recruitment drive in the off-season and have been training hard, but with their teams seeded at #1 and #3 it suggests they've split them evenly, rather than a firsts and seconds, will this give the others a sniff of the trophy? My prediction is yes, and a well trained Brighton team getting prepped for Worlds will take the title.

Rising up the ranks will be...
1.) Sheffield Steal - 36th looks quite low down for this generally good team
2.) Flyght Club - I know they've been training hard, see them gain several places from 44th
3.) Oxford Mixed - Will finish higher than their 27th seed

Falling a few places will be...
1.) EMu - a new exec drafted in this year, seeded 9th, will they be as good as EMu we saw at Euros?
2.) Fugazees - losing players to the new Golden Ants team, will they have the squad depth to keep 30th seed?
3.) Free Hugs - 46th (out of 48th) but will drop two places if they're unable to field a team (good luck with the last minute recruitment!).

UPDATE: Just had it pointed out to be that Strange Blue came 16th at the only MT they entered last year, and are seeded 31st this year, expect them to fly up the rankings also!

See you there!

This post was mostly written whilst listening to Paul Weller.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, how did you do against your predictions lucas? I haven't seen full results published yet... Bear Cavalry have to surely be one of the surprises! (Altho I knew they had it in them!)

Me said...

Yeah, Bears rised up quite a few places, but I know of at least one team that went up more positions.

Haven't seen the final standings yet, will take a look when they're released.